The following can to help minimise the risks of theft from your church:
• Make sure you lock the church building when it is not in use
• Remove valuables from sight when the church is open
• Fit strong locks, intruder alarms and good external lighting
• Security mark valuable items.
Malicious damage is basically vandalism. Attacks are usually opportunist in nature and churches are particularly vulnerable whilst unoccupied. The following security measures should be introduced to reduce the opportunity for attack:
• Maintain any existing perimeter walls and railings
• Consider introducing security lighting
• Ensure doors to church buildings are secured
• Restrict vehicular access using gates or security bollards
• Secure outbuildings which may contain valuable tools/equipment.
If intruders manage to gain entry to the building, an effective intruder alarm system will raise an alert and help mitigate damage and theft losses from inside the church. Find out more