Entries for an award must fulfil the following criteria:
- Awards are open to individual clergy in the Anglican Church in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
- All clergy applying for the awards must be in full-time stipendiary ministry in the Anglican Church and must have been ordained for at least 10 years.
- Applications are also open to church dignitaries – Archdeacons, Bishops and Deans.
- Awards are provided for extended study leave only and not for long term courses such as PhD or university fees (although fees for a course during an extended study leave will be considered).
- Entries must be made using the forms provided.