From contemporary through to heritage
We insure a variety of contemporary and commercial property risks as well as some of the nation’s most historically significant buildings.
More than just an insurance policy
- Our in-house teams can provide valuations and risk management assessment tools at no additional cost2. Read more about saving your clients the cost of professional fees.
- Professional support from our survey team, we have experience with all building types, from heritage buildings to modern architecture.
- Provided we are kept informed of any material changes, and the sums insured are index-linked, our building valuations give reassurance, your clients will not be penalised for underinsurance when a claim is made on the buildings section of their policy.
- We give access to our risk advice line to support your clients with risk management queries at no additional cost.
- At times of loss, your client will benefit from an outstanding claims service. Our dedicated property claims specialists have experience successfully managing major and technical losses.
- Ability to underwrite a wide range of risks from single properties to entire portfolios.
- Access to experienced regional underwriters with autonomy to make decisions.
- High levels of capacity with the ability to underwrite risks in excess of £100million.
- Broad risk appetite with generous automatic limits for policy extensions.
- One stop shop with underwriting, claims, survey and servicing all based in our UK regional teams.
- Property damage for buildings and contents may be insured against a wide range of perils including accidental damage
- A variety of automatic extensions (dependent upon policy type) including but not limited to:
- Inadvertent omission to insure
- Third party failure to insure
- Privity of contract
- Capital additions
- Reinstatement to match to current technological standards
- Emergency service damage to grounds
- Extinguisher and alarm resetting expenses
- Sprinkler upgrade costs
- Unauthorised use of utilities
- Fly tipping clearance costs at occupied premises
- Equipment breakdown for a range of equipment including lifts, boilers and air conditioning systems including extensions for computer failure and loss of data
- Loss of rental income
- Employers liability up to £10million per claim
- Public liability up to £25million per claim, with standard limits of £5million or £10million
- Public liability for asbestos and terrorism up to the limit of indemnity or £10million, whichever is lower
- Legal expenses cover options available.