About the scheme
Our three step programme
- Step one – finding out all about us
The first 18 months are all about letting you get right under the skin of our business to understand underwriting, business consulting, strategic marketing, claims, risk control and finance.
- Step two – deepening your understanding
For the final six months you can tailor your work to suit your career objectives and help deepen your understanding of our overall business strategy.
- Step three – additional learning
Plus we offer you an enhanced study package, which includes 15 days of study leave, to make sure you gain your Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) professional qualifications as quickly as possible.
- We give our graduates flexibility which allows you to focus on your key development areas and make the most of opportunities as they arise
- Become an expert in our five specialist areas and work on some of the irreplaceable risks we insure
- Learn from our underwriting team and understand how we develop new products and technical pricing.
- Go out with our business development managers to meet our brokers
- Head out with our risk management surveyors to inspect the risks we insure, such as cathedrals, schools and heritage hotels
- Lead projects, such as the launch of a new scheme, a product update or the creation of a facility for cross-sell
- Learn about managing claims and gain hands-on experience with claimants
- Gain real leadership and project management experience, building a foundation to kick start your career.
Challenging and supporting you
- You will be assigned an experienced senior manager to mentor you and support you throughout your development
- Your mentor will advise you on your career, help you get wider business exposure and make sure you get the most from your training
- You will also be assigned a ‘buddy’, a more experienced graduate on the scheme, who will also be able to give you valuable, yet less formal, advice and support whenever needed.
- In addition to the on-the-job training and coaching you will receive, you will also benefit from a range of off-job workshops and development programmes
- Study to obtain the Advanced Diploma in Insurance issued by the Chartered Insurance Institute within three years
- Take advantage of 15 days of paid study leave to ensure you are able to gain your qualifications.
After the scheme
Join our graduate scheme
Do you have what it takes?
- To hold or be expecting a minimum 2.1 class honours degree in a business related or numerate subject or in a discipline that demonstrates your analytical skills and capacity for hard work (or equivalent overseas qualifications)
- Good A-level results (300+ UCAS points)
- Excellent numeracy, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- A strong drive to succeed
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A willingness to be flexible in terms of work location within the UK.