Business Accounting Technician (1973)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 28/02/20
About the role
Ecclesiastical are looking for an Accounting Technician to support the UK team within Business Accounting. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing team within an ethical organisation working to contribute to the greater good of society. The team provides finance and strategic support for Ecclesiastical UK
This role supports the preparation and reconciliation of reinsurance accounts and the production of enhanced and profit commission calculations and payments to our brokers. In addition this role will assist in the preparation of the monthly management information for our UK General Insurance business, as well as supporting the wider UK Finance team.
- Assist in the preparation, production and reconciliation of monthly information for Reinsurance accounts within agreed timeframes.
- Liaise with the UK reinsurance team and auditors.
- Assist and support the preparation of management information for the UK General Insurance portfolio.
- Produce and manage enhanced and profit commission calculations and payments to third parties.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and efficiency of information at all times including controls and compliance with key accounting policies and procedures.
- Work with Data & Analytics to ensure the data integrity within the data warehouse.
- Provision of support to the wider UK Finance team;
- Undertake ad hoc analytical and modelling support for the business
- Intermediate Excel user
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Team Player
- Organised and ability to prioritise effectively
- AAT qualified
- Making sound decisions
- Building productive relationships
- Delivering high performance
- Improving the business