Business Relationship Manager – Ecclesiastical Planning Services Limited (2154)
- Location: Home based
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week
- Application end date: 02/07/21
About the role
The role holder will be responsible for managing the day-to-day business relationships with a panel of funeral directing firms within a designated area.
- Own and proactively develop commercially successful and productive relationships with funeral directing firms to maximise the growth of our funeral plan business.
- Support the delivery of EPSL’s business plan to win and retain business in our core market sectors by:
- Prospecting, including utilising and growing the CRM database
- Planning and delivering agreed activity levels, ensuring CRM accurately reflects planned and actual activity
- Delivering a high quality business development process
- Driving profitable new business growth
- Driving performance and profitability of a panel of funeral directing firms
- Meeting company retention and new business targets
- Maintaining prudent and ethical communication standards
- Work proactively with colleagues to deliver exceptional service to funeral directing firms and our contacts in the funeral trade and identify areas where business processes can be improved.
- Promote Ecclesiastical’s brand, values and reputation in its markets and with all business partners, customers and suppliers by acting responsibly and with credibility in order to enhance prospects for the profitable achievement of business growth.
- Work with the marketing team to design and negotiate campaigns that attract funeral directing firms to use EPSL products.
- Support the process for identifying opportunities for the marketing team to design and negotiate campaigns that funeral directing firms can use to develop funeral plan business in their area.
Key performance indicators
- Growth in plans sales in the territory.
- Retention of funeral directing firms as active partners.
- Acquisition of new funeral directing firms as active partners.
- Quality of communications.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven track record in a similar role building sales through intermediaries within a regulated sales environment is required – previous funeral planning sales experience advantageous, though not essential.
- The ability to build and manage co-operative and productive relationships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of tactical marketing campaigns and ability to identify such opportunities.
- The ability to support the design of and run training sessions for business partners.
- Willingness to travel is essential and occasional requirement to attend meetings in the Gloucester Head Office.