Business Solutions Assistant (1907)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 Hours a Week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 13/12/19
About the role
To provide confidential support for the Business Solutions department and in particular, Group IT Director and proactively coordinate departmental projects.
- Provide confidential support, diary management and co-ordination for IT Director. Includes responding appropriately on a range of activities as well as ensuring the Director has papers and arrangements to support all meetings on a daily basis.
- Keep a forward diary for Director and leadership team ensuring upcoming items are planned/prepared, booked on relevant committee agendas etc.
- Build productive relationships with wider Senior Stakeholders support roles.
- Manage all diary bookings ensuring all key annualised and ad-hoc meetings are arranged.
- Proactive management of Business Solutions related committees to include, agenda preparation, coordination of papers ensuring circulation in advance of the meetings, taking of accurate minutes and actions and proactive monitoring of matters arising ensuring completion/escalation as necessary.
- Ensure all team documentation is circulated to all relevant individuals, ensuring accuracy.
- Provide confidential support to Business Solutions Leadership Team.
- Support major IT projects as required including Horizon project.
- Effective production and presentation of confidential accurate Board level materials on behalf of the IT Director.
- Manage external relationships with key suppliers and contacts for Director.
- Raise purchase orders on behalf of the whole team liaising with Finance as appropriate.
- Manage expenses.
Key performance indicators
- Meet monthly departmental delivery targets (SLA’s)
- All relevant documentation delivered in agreed timelines
Essential skills and experience
- A proven track record of delivering in a similar role.
- Appropriate IT skills (will be tested) in particular use of Word and PowerPoint to an advanced standard. Excel skills an advantage.
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 4 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience of delivering Board level documentation.
- Can demonstrate the ability to take appropriate, well thought through action in a timely manner.
- Professional, approachable, confidential team player.