Church Insurance Consultant (1890 - East Anglia)
- Location: Home based
- Working hours: 35 Hours Per Week (Mon - Fri with occasional Saturdays)
- Application end date: 29/11/19
About the role
Are you a people person? Do you have a passion for customer service and excellent communication skills? If so, Ecclesiastical have an exciting role that could be for you.
Set up in 1887 by the Church of England, Ecclesiastical has been insuring churches for almost 130 years and our churches customers are still as central to our business as they were all those years ago.
Ecclesiastical prides itself on offering more than just an insurance policy and we are looking to expand our successful team of Church Insurance Consultants so we can do even more to help our customers support their churches.
No day will be the same and you could find yourself in a range of situations, liaising with church personnel at all levels - so adaptability is key. You’ll be out face to face with customers for most of your time at times to suit them, so not a normal 9-5.
Working from home you’ll need to be a self-starter, be able to work independently and ready to embrace change!
We’ll give you full training and our head office team will be on hand for ongoing support.
- Own and proactively develop commercially successful and productive relationships within allocated Dioceses, including at Archdeaconry, Deanery, Parish and Diocesan level where required.
- Provide a local Ecclesiastical presence for parish customers through the delivery of consultancy events (self-organised and attended) involving other areas of the business where appropriate.
- Focusing on church risks: target, win and retain business, delivering profitable growth through:
- Promote Ecclesiastical’s Brand, values and reputation in its markets and with all customers and partners by having a visible and credible presence within your allocated Dioceses at all levels in order to enhance achievement of growth and profit targets.
- Through customer contact define needs and tailor activity within allocated Dioceses
- Work with other areas of the business such as Risk, Marketing and Claims to deliver excellent customer service, provide a credible customer presence, to promote Ecclesiastical and to maximise retention.
- Work with Underwriters to maximise church business retention and to acquire new church or church related risks within appetite.
- Organise and coordinate opportunities to broaden our relationship with Church customers and demonstrate how Ecclesiastical could meet their needs outside insurance by promoting other corporate value added services such as EFAS, Eden Tree and SEIB
- Delivery of business improvements identified through consultant activity and agreed with the business.
Key performance indicators
- Management of CRM system to plan, monitor and deliver agreed activity levels including capture of customer insight.
- Deliver and exceed agreed activity levels
- Help to deliver and exceed key financial metrics including GWP, New Business and UWP targets
- Help to deliver retention targets
- Positive Customer satisfaction surveys, post ‘event’ feedback and direct feedback from CofE contacts.
- Active and effective presence at key insurance and related Church events Evidence of business improvement implementation and benefits.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- CII qualification or relevant other (please note there will be a requirement to progress CII studies to ACII within a defined timescale)
- Strong track record in a customer facing insurance role
- Knowledge of the Church of England and experience of working with churches preferable
- Proven confident and influential communicator at all levels
- Proven ability to build productive relationships internally and externally
- Excellent communication, negotiation & presentation skills
- Positive, proactive, enthusiastic and value driven individual with a proven “can-do” attitude
- A self-starter with high organisational skills
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends. This will include overnight stays.
- Home-based role
- Clean driving licence required.