Commercial Underwriter – Specialist Niche (2199)
- Location: London
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 02/07/21
About the role
Our Specialist Niche team underwrite commercial risks in our core niches of heritage, charity and education throughout London and the South East region.
We are looking for an accomplished and conscientious individual with a clear appreciation of the need for great customer service. Self-managing with a flexible approach combined with the ability to meet priorities and to play your part in contributing to your individual and team goals will be central to your success.
- Negotiate and profitably underwrite existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy.
- Support Senior Underwriters on Key Accounts.
- Plan, prioritise and manage workload in order to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face, email and post) to support and maintain a high quality service to our Customers and Business Partners.
- Act on individual audit results and action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Be an Ambassador for the business area by identifying complaints and acting upon them in line with company policy.
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD).
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Commercial / Property / Casualty underwriting experience essential.
- Cert CII qualified or a willingness to achieve qualifications within an agreed timescale.
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge desirable.
- Strong verbal communication and ability to produce tailored written communication.
- Good system and administration skills with attention to detail and accuracy to ensure data integrity and compliance.
- Ability to challenge and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Professional and personable – a credible representative for Ecclesiastical.
- Resilient, positive and pro-active with a can-do attitude.