Company Secretarial Manager (200317)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 22/10/21
About the role
To provide secretarial management to the Board of Directors of Group companies to facilitate the efficient running of Board and Committee meetings and other governance activities using appropriate technology to maximise productivity and business performance.
- Oversee and manage arrangements for Board, Committee and Annual General Meetings including the annual planning and organising of meetings, producing agendas, secretarial papers and packs, action tracking, co-ordination and quality control of papers and resolutions.
- Oversee the co-ordination and delivery of Board governance activities such as induction, board evaluations, training, management of conflicts of interest and board policies and practices.
- Project manage the year-end process for all companies supported by the team (including reviewing and drafting elements of subsidiary Annual Report and Accounts and ensuring compliance with current legal, regulatory and governance requirements).
- Continually improve and streamline the Team’s processes and making effective use of new and existing technology including developing the corporate database (Diligent Entities).
- Manage, coach and develop the secretarial support team
Key performance indicators
- Board and Committee meetings run smoothly and efficiently and positive feedback received from Directors and on quality of service delivered.
- Year-end process runs smoothly and positive feedback is received from key stakeholders including the Group Company Secretary and Directors.
- The Corporate Database and Board Portal is fully leveraged, kept up to date and good feedback is received from the Directors.
- Board Evaluations, Training and Induction sessions are held regularly and positive feedback received.
- All training records, conflicts of interest’s records are maintained and kept up to date.
- Up to date Board policies in place.
- New IT solutions are identified, integrated and Directors are appropriately trained and supported.
- Timely and quality execution of deliverable.
- Projects delivered to required outcomes and benefits within timescales.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Ability to manage people and be a proactive leader
- Associate of the Chartered Governance Institute or equivalent.
- Post qualification experience in at least an Assistant Company Secretarial role.
- Experience of working in a diverse PLC Group, preferably in financial services.
- In depth knowledge of Companies Act and awareness of other legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of key secretarial systems such as Diligent Entities and Directors Desk/Board Vantage.