Data Analytics Data Migration Analyst
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 22/10/21
About the role
The role of Migration Analyst is the pivot in the relationship between business SMEs, insurance product designers and technical ETL personnel, in the design and validation of migration rules. They need to be able to communicate effectively in the different ways required by stakeholders. They need to be able to understand and define the rules that transform the data as it travels from source to target and be able to structure the rule requirements in a way that the technical migration staff can incorporate them into the existing Data Migration Engine. Then analyse the data that results from this to ensure it meets the business & technical target requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to gather data requirements for the definition, collection, extraction, transformation and migration of data so that our team are able to solve in a continuous value adding pattern.
- Population of the user stories into JIRA so that Epic level details are populated from which technical solutions can be achieved.
- Work with users, technical teams including development, governance & quality to ensure that collaboration on the solution is achieved through knowledge sharing.
- Validate that we are working within known boundaries or that new approaches are validated within the Data & Analytics board (DAB) and upwards as required.
- Assist the Data Migration Technical Lead, Data & Analytics in the achievement of business engagement in the SDLC, from day 1 to the production release and warranty support. It is a partnership which is transparent in its achievement and the business are part of that throughout.
- Be compliant to data privacy, integrity, security and operational resilience are a core part of the data options
- Preparation of appropriate documentation to progress data migration deliverables.
- Assist with business-wide data understanding and handover through developing appropriate technical and user documentation
- Proactively build successful internal and external relationships to support excellence in delivery
- Take ownership and an approach of continuous improvement to their own skills, knowledge and personal development
Key performance indicators
- Taking ownership of tasks, delivery to agreed quality and deadlines
- Solution provided demonstrates critical, commercial thinking to ensure optimal solution is identified
- Ongoing incremental delivery of solutions to the business.
- High quality requirement documentation leading to minimal rework
- Positive, proactive and engaged member of the ST community evidenced by the championing and delivery of target cultures and competencies
- Measured by
- 360º feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- KPIs such as achievement of SLAs, quality, engagement
- Delivery standard in line with agreed annual objectives
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in a fast-paced transformation environment and with high levels of ambiguity
- Strong skills and experience of working with data and getting value from its use
- Good understanding of best practice in data management, quality and governance
- Enquiring mind and problem solver with good business acumen
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of data protection legislation and its practical application
- Proven experience in gathering, analysing, querying (SQL), mapping and documenting complex data requirements.
- Able to balance the documentation requirements of technical developers and testers with an approach which ensures business comprehension
- Good stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills with contacts from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience of delivering presentations and running workshops
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new techniques which help in analysing data requirements and achieving a step change in business data capabilities
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or suitable alternative experience
- Experience of the insurance industry or similar