Data Analytics Data Migration Engineer
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 22/10/21
To build, deploy and maintain automated data migration solutions for Ecclesiastical through ELT/ETL, SQL and other relevant technologies with a view to provide trustworthy data for business use in the relevant applications and systems.
- To plan and achieve tasks from which the technical solutions will be created. These solutions will mean that the business can carry out their daily activities of looking after our customers & policy holders.
- To support the Data Migration Engine (DME) ensuring that the services are fixed and deployed quickly.
- To assist in the design and development of future DME iterations.
- To input into and manage our data artefacts, which will include planning, task completion, unit testing, peer review, release, meta data, data modelling and deployment. This will ensure that the correct controls have been applied to maintain the accuracy of our process’s and controls to preserve the quality of work.
- To support the DM Technical Lead and also attend Data Analytics Board (DAB) meetings to provide input to our data value delivery methods; this will enable operational efficiency and foster collaboration.
- To convert user stories to technical tasks, translating the business goal to a technical one, allowing the delivery of a technical solution.
- To use a number of modern data platform tools set up in an agile delivery method to progress in a journey towards continuous integration and deployment of projects in the cloud.
- To provide Data Migration as a service to the business so that automated consumption of solutions can be achieved through a rich data layer with controlled access and services
- Being commercial in your approach value driven in all development.
Key performance indicators
- Taking ownership of tasks, delivery to agreed quality and deadlines
- Solutions driven and critical thinking to ensure optimal solution is identified
- High quality outputs leading to minimal rework
- Positive and proactive member of the ST community and evidence of championing and delivering target cultures and competencies
- Measured by:
- 360º feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- KPIs such as achievement of SLAs, OLAs, quality, engagement, delivery to plan
- Technical standards such as code reviews, unit tests, compliance with standards
- Delivery standard in line with agreed annual objectives
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of advanced technical knowledge of MS SQL Stack 2012 onwards (SSIS, SSMS, SSAS,SSRS)
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong understanding of data modelling
- Excellent working knowledge of complete development lifecycle models – particularly waterfall and agile.
- Experienced in providing 1st line database support
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to present ideas in non-technical language; confident and influential communicator at all levels: good verbal, written, and presentation skills; proactively build successful internal and external relationships
- Customer focused and excellent understanding of the value of data and what it means to be data-driven
- Positive attitude and flexible approach; experience of working in a pressured and complex environment requiring prioritisation of workloads and negotiation of delivery timescales; solution driven
- Great team player with experience of working transversally; pro-active and self-starter with ability to manage own workload
- Excellent working knowledge of data protection legislation and its practical application
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or suitable alternative experience
- Relevant industry experience
- Cloud exposure Azure, AWS and/or Google Cloud platform.
- Automated testing tools