Data Systems Analyst (2148b)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 30/07/21
About the role
The role holder will review, analyse and document the data and reporting requirements for the replacement of the core General Insurance system. This role is critical in enabling the business to achieve its ambition of being more data driven through improving the quality, resilience and coverage of the data asset and enabling the delivery of more insightful and incisive analysis.
- Work with stakeholders to gather data requirements for the definition, collection, extraction, transformation and presentation of data so that our team are able to solve in a continuous value adding pattern.
- Population of the user stories into JIRA so that Epic level details are populated from which technical solutions can be achieved.
- Provide context of the commercial value add to the business, how does this increase revenue, remove cost or improve the customer experience. Data cheerlead in the respective success this provides and achieves.
- Work with architecture, development and governance & quality to ensure that collaboration on the solution is achieved through knowledge sharing.
- Validate that we are working within known boundaries or that new approaches are validated within the Data & Analytics board (DAB) and upwards as required.
- Assist the Service Delivery Manager, Data & Analytics in the achievement of business engagement in the SDLC, from day 1 to the production release and warranty support. It is a partnership which is transparent in its achievement and the business are part of that throughout.
- Support our delivery model as the voice of the customer on the technical solution and actively follow up or include business experts in order to bring clarity to the data product we build.
- Challenge business complexity and the status quo with a lean, iterative lens on incremental value which is low in cost and high reward achieved.
- Be compliant to data privacy, integrity, security and operational resilience are a core part of the data options
- Preparation of appropriate documentation to progress data deliverables.
- Assist with business-wide data understanding and handover through developing appropriate technical and user documentation
- Proactively build successful internal and external relationships to support excellence in delivery
- Take ownership and an approach of continuous improvement to their own skills, knowledge and personal development
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proven knowledge and understanding of data warehousing principles and BI solutions (Cognos, Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau, QlikView or similar)
- Experience of working in a fast-paced transformation environment and with high levels of ambiguity
- Great team player with experience of working with and getting value from data
- Good understanding of best practice in data management, quality and governance
- Enquiring mind and problem solver with good business acumen
- Good working knowledge of data protection legislation and its practical application
- Proven experience in gathering, analysing, mapping and documenting complex data requirements.
- Able to balance the documentation requirements of technical developers and testers with an approach which ensures business comprehension
- Good stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills with contacts from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience of delivering presentations and running workshops
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new techniques which help in analysing data requirements and achieving a step change in business data capabilities