Dynamics 365 Lead Developer (2065a)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 21/05/21
About the role
You will be responsible for the technical leadership of Dynamics 365 development, including management of a small group of developers, reporting into the Systems Development Manager. Day-to-day you will be hands-on, leading the team whilst maintaining accountability for its performance and delivery.
You will be required to design, code, unit test, configure, document and support Dynamics 365 and modifications to it from supplied specifications or acceptance criteria using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result. Conduct reviews of supplied specifications with others as appropriate.
- Manage performance, both at an individual and team level, with the goal of delivering, and improving on, a high performance culture.
- Working with Business Solutions counterparts as required to produce systems designs and specifications and validate designs produced by external suppliers.
- Develop web applications that meet the stated business requirements, acceptance criteria, or agreed “definition of done" and support wider Business Solutions strategic objectives.
- Continue to keep abreast of industry best practices and make recommendations as to their adoption.
- Supporting the business to provide 3rd line support for developed and packaged web applications including configuration.
- Documented promotion of configuration, code, and other artefacts between environments following the change control and release management processes.
- Provide handover documentation and skills transfer to other areas as required e.g. training and application support.
- To use the provided software tools to facilitate the execution of the unit testing, both automated and non-automated, the comparison of actual outcomes to predicted outcomes, the setting up of test preconditions, and other test control and test reporting functions.
- Make recommendations for process improvement within the team, participating in sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives and reviews, as necessary.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to others with a view to improving the overall skillset within the team.
- Deputise for the Systems Development Manager and project a positive image of Business Solutions within the wider organisation.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Significant experience of modern Dynamics 365 platforms: on-premises (8.2 / 9) and online.
- Dynamics 365 configuration and customisation (workflows and plug-ins).
- Native integration with SharePoint, Exchange (Server-Side Sync and the "Outlook client"), and SSRS.
- Custom integration between Dynamics 365 and external platforms using plug-ins.
- Integration from other platforms to Dynamics 365 using early/late-bound approaches and SOAP / REST (OData) endpoints.
- Experience with the Power Platform: Power Apps (Canvas, Model-Driven, Portal) and Power Automate.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Dynamics 365 certified ("Developer" track).
- Experience of Dynamics-focused change projects (such as migrating from on-premises to online).
- Broad understanding of cloud technologies (Logic Apps, Functions, etc.).
- Broad understanding of web application development and coding approaches (SOLID, design patterns, etc.).
- Experience of Power BI, Azure SQL, Data Lake.
- Agile product development experience