Governance Secretary (200304)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: permanent
- Working hours: Part time and Full time hours available
- Application end date: 10/09/21
About the role
To support the effective running of the Group’s governance model, working with the wider business to develop, maintain and implement documents, policies, procedures and best practice
- Management of the Governance Framework, Expectations of SBUs, Board Charter and Group Authorities Framework documents to include research; co-ordinating the review and approval cycle; amendments to and the addition of new content; and the publication of documents to the wider business.
- Management of the Group’s Policy Framework to include co-ordinating the review and approval cycle; the control and challenge of new content; liaising with policy owners to ensure information contained within the documents remains current and up to date; and circulating documents to the wider business.
- Management of the Legal and Regulatory Database to include maintaining the database; research and horizon scanning for new legislation, regulation and guidance which could impact the Group and/or its SBUs; liaising with relevant business areas to challenge progress of items; developing and producing MI reporting to the Group Audit Committee and SBU boards to provide assurance that items are being implemented within timescales and areas of actual or potential non-compliance are appropriately escalated.
- Ensuring the governance sections of the external website and internal intranet are kept up to date.
- Ensuring the management of corporate and legacy data held by the Secretarial Team is robust and complies with the Group’s data management and retention policies.
- Overseeing the Co-Brand relationship between the Parent Company and its subsidiaries, ensuring that appropriate arrangements are in place to monitor the use of the brand including Brand Licence Agreements
Key performance indicators
- The Governance Framework and associated documents are maintained and regularly reviewed
- The Policy Framework is maintained, embedded, kept up to date and regularly reviewed
- The Legal and Regulatory Database provides robust assurance to the GAC and SBU boards that legislation and regulation is being monitored and implemented within timescales and areas of non-compliance is appropriately escalated.
- The governance sections of the website and intranet are maintained and kept up to date.
- Data held by the Secretarial team complies with the Group’s data management and retention policies
- The Co-Brand relationship is well managed, controlled and operates effectively and the Board of the Parent Company is satisfied that the usage of the brand is monitored appropriately.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualified Chartered Secretary or equivalent profession qualification
- A proven understanding of good governance (including corporate and data governance)
- A good understanding of the legal and regulatory environment within Financial Services
- Experience of conducting effective research and horizon scanning
- Experience of managing documentation and databases
- Excellent organisational and record keeping skills
- A proven ability of working with senior stakeholders
- Experience of delivering Board level documentation and experience of presenting to Boards and Senior Stakeholders
- Experience of responding to queries from Regulators