Graduate Risk Appraiser (2221)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 22/10/21
About the role
Risk Management has been at the heart of the our underwriting and customer proposition for almost a century and as a consequence we have developed a reputation for market leading expertise in the Private Client, Education, Care, Charity, Faith and Real Estate sectors, insuring some of the country’s leading landmark and most iconic locations.
We are looking for commercial and self-motivated graduates to act as a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders, in the provision of risk insights and valuation services. This opportunity will provide comprehensive training and ongoing support with personal development.
- Proactively build positive internal and external relationships to facilitate the delivery of exceptional service as part of Ecclesiastical’s Risk Management team.
- Undertaking desktop valuation and/or risk management survey assessments of insured premises in line with agreed survey authorities.
- Coordination and handling of Risk Advice Line services.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual workloads to enable efficient delivery to agreed service standards.
- Provide assistance to our Risk Support function in the scheduling of survey assignments.
- Work collaboratively with claims, underwriting and the wider business to support the free exchange of technical risk information and achievement of Business initiatives/objectives.
- Maintain a professional and positive approach to work situations, supporting change that benefits the wider business.
- Produce suitable valuation, risk survey and risk improvement reports in accordance with published guidelines, to a professional standard and delivered in a timely manner.
- Promote/support the Ecclesiastical Risk Management proposition through attendance at/delivery of ‘Risk’ workshops/seminars to brokers and customers, as required by the business.
- Act on audit results and agreed actions plans to improve own performance and fulfil personal potential.
- Take responsibility for building own technical knowledge and professional expertise through development and implementation of a meaningful PDP that supports both self-development and benefits the wider survey team.
- Identify and promote the business activities of all Ecclesiastical’s companies.
- Proactively contribute risk insight to internal and external events, communications and publications.
- Proactively share knowledge, expertise, loss and risk insight with colleagues across the organisation.
Key Performance Indicators
- Productive in an effective and efficient manner i.e. accuracy and timeliness of material information and advice provided.
- Adherence to technical and service standards and satisfactory personal technical review (audit) results.
- Delivery against personal objectives and targets.
- CPD requirements of relevant professional bodies.
- Customer and business partner, feedback and satisfaction.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident and influential communicator at all levels.
- Architecture, Building Surveying or Quantity Surveying Degree to 2:1 grade or above (Preferential, other disciplines will be considered)
- Good appreciation of British architecture, design and building construction.
- Propensity to learn and apply learning to benefit on the job contribution
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Organisational and problem solving capabilities and willingness to work outside own comfort zone to support wider business and personal development opportunities.
- Basic Knowledge of fire (and non-fire perils), theft, business interruption and liability insurance risk survey assessments.
- Can analyse an organisation/location and identify resilience or vulnerabilities in respect of insured perils.
- Is able to accurately calculate a building (and where appropriate contents) valuation/sum insured on a reinstatement and/or restoration basis, and all necessary maximum loss scenarios, in accordance with published guidelines.
- Must have a full drivers license and be prepared to travel to site surveys when required