Group Learning and Development Consultant (1959)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 28/02/20
About the role
To manage group wide development with a focus on management and leadership skills, team performance and behaviours in order to improve the pace and productivity of management teams delivering their contribution to the strategic goals of the business
Management and Leadership Development
- Collaborate with management teams to build credible relationships and maximise learning opportunities
- Work with Grp Talent and Learning Director to deliver relevant leadership development initiatives and support the pipeline of leadership across the Group.
- Work with the Group L&D Consultant to manage the development and implementation of the People Leader’s Academy and Induction, providing a clear competency development framework for leaders and managers across the group and ensuring the People Leaders Academy remains relevant and is effectively embedded across the business, using management feedback as a TNA tool and working with the business and third parties to develop a clear targeted training plan
- Identify, design and deliver relevant bitesize sessions and key manager workshops e.g. change management
- Identify, broker and manage relationships with external training providers, as and when required
- Identify needs, design, develop and deliver team development programmes for management teams in the UK and Ireland, focused on improving management skills, leadership behaviours and increasing accountability for delivering high performance. These need to align with our culture, behaviour models and overall leadership development strategy.
- Using key data, e.g. company survey, Group strategy and SBU business plans, identify development needs and design and deliver complex/bespoke development interventions to support key Group initiatives
- Provide targeted 121 coaching to key individuals identified through the talent review process, to support their development in line with our talent and succession plans
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to the Group L&D Consultant to enable their ongoing growth in role and development of skills and knowledge through experiential learning
Early Talent Pipelines
- To review the Group wide requirements for talent assessment and development support at junior levels in the business.
- To design and develop, building on previous programmes e.g. Discovery, an effective talent potential assessment and development programme to maximise the potential of individual’s at junior levels in the organisation, leading to improved capability and internal promotion.
- Provide psychometric assessment support to development programmes and recruitment as required
- Evaluation Strategy
- Design an appropriate evaluation strategy and approach for all management and behavioural development activity, focused on testing the embedding and application of behavioural changes and learning
- To act as delegate for the Grp Talent and Learning Director when appropriate.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Relevant industry knowledge with extensive experience of working within a regulated environment
- Experience of psychometric assessment methodology ensuring testing is relevant and used appropriately including but not limited to – MBTI, EIP, OPQ, 16PF, Hogan and Firo B.
- Complex development programme design and deliveryTeam development facilitation
- Proven ability to analyse business needs and create fit for purpose development programmes
- Coaching skills and experience of coaching managers and business leaders
- Experience of challenging and managing senior stakeholders
- Budget Management
- Working in a global/multisite/multi country organisation
- Change management