Group Learning and Development Consultant (1959)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 10/04/20
What are we looking for
We are a small specialist team keen to find the right person to join us to deliver a broad range of development initiatives across our diverse Group. We are looking for an experienced L&D consultant, energetic and pragmatic with deep expertise in engaging managers and leaders in their own and their team’s development. We don’t take a classroom based approach, although there are workshops and programmes to design and deliver. Our culture is one where colleagues are encouraged to take ownership for their own learning, following the principles of the 70:20:10 model. So, we need someone who is inspirational, fun, highly practical and collaborative, who can roll up their sleeves and turn their hand to all sorts of development activities including diagnosis, design, coaching and facilitating, managing suppliers and engaging leaders and teams. It’s also really important to us to find someone who has solid experience and qualifications in using psychometric tools to support both recruitment and development initiatives. Working with us you’ll be part of a collaborative and supportive team shaping the learning agenda for our Group as we grow and develop.
Management and Leadership Development
- Working collaboratively with L&D team colleagues and management teams to build and deliver credible management development initiatives, including our People Leaders Academy
- Creating, facilitating and managing initiatives to enable inspirational leaders to grow and develop and to feed our talent pipeline from the most junior to senior levels. A specific objective will be to create a new early talent pipeline initiative
- Providing targeted 121 coaching to key individuals identified through our talent review process, supporting their ongoing development and helping them to reach their potential
- Nurturing, coaching and mentoring the Group L&D Consultant to enable their ongoing growth and development of skills, knowledge and experience
Team Development and coaching
- Getting to know our management teams and their needs in order to design, develop and deliver pragmatic, bespoke team development focused on driving accountability for delivering high performance, embedding our culture and collaborating for success.
- Using key data, e.g. company survey, Group strategy and SBU business plans, identify development needs and design and deliver complex/bespoke development interventions to support key Group initiatives
- Providing psychometric assessment guidance and support to both development programmes and recruitment using a wide range of tools
This person will also be a delegate for the Group Talent and Learning Director when required.
- Relevant industry knowledge 5-10 years of working within a regulated environment.
- Experience of psychometric assessment methodology ensuring testing is relevant and used appropriately including but not limited to – MBTI, EIP, OPQ, 16PF, Hogan.
- Complex development programme design and delivery, including facilitation skills and experience.
- Proven ability to analyse business needs and create fit for purpose development initiatives.
- Coaching skills and experience of coaching managers and business leaders.
- Experience of challenging and managing senior stakeholders.
- Budget Management.
- Working in a global/multisite/multi country organisation.
- Change management.