Group Finance Director (1806)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Application end date: 26/04/19
To lead, manage and develop an established finance function for the Group’s General Insurance business. To ensure strategic direction and leadership of the Financial Reporting Team, Planning and Regulatory Team, Procurement Team and the Payment Operations team. People leadership, process improvement, change management, mergers and acquisitions and legal transactions are some of the areas this position would be involved in.
- Lead the development and implementation of Finance strategies, policies and procedures for the Group, with line management of statutory and regulatory reporting, management reporting and business partnering, finance operations and procurement.
- Drive financial performance of the business as a whole ensuring stretching profit, ROCE targets are set and achieved across the Group.
- Establish appropriate expense ratio targets by SBU and deploy a range of tools/approaches to ensure that these are met.
- Ensure the integrity of Group accounts and accounting policy & report Group financial results in line with legal, stock market and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective standards and controls so that Group exposure to financial risk is managed effectively.
- Lead the Group’s relationship with the credit rating agencies.
- Lead the Group’s Finance functions ensuring efficient and effective operations are operating in all appropriate locations.
- Execute the responsibilities of a Group Finance Director in line with lawful and ethical standards.
- Contribute to the strategic direction, performance and governance of the Group by providing guidance to Executive Management and Board Members as required and deputise for the Group CFO as required.
- Provide financial analysis and support on M&A / commercial deals
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in finance processes to create capacity for more insight / value add activities
Essential skills and qualifications
- Chartered Accountant (ICAEW / ACCA / CIMA) or equivalent
- Proven experience at a senior finance leadership level in Financial Services/Insurance.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing Finance strategy to drive organisational transformation.
- Experience of or exposure to M&A / financial transactions
- Track record of pro-actively influencing the business to drive targeted profit, ROCE and expense ratio.
- Highly credible, with the personal authority and credibility to establish a highly influential voice for the finance function.
- Outstanding commercial business acumen and judgement.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Strategic thinker, with ability to translate strategy into operational delivery.
- Credible, with proven ability to build effective relationships and influence key stakeholders internally & externally, including the Board.
- Highly impactful strategic communicator and negotiator, able to interface with most senior levels internally and externally.
- Strong leadership and engagement skills, with demonstrable ability to lead, direct and coach both own direct reports and wider global teams.
- Track record of running and developing best in class Finance functions.
- Ability to sponsor projects, with strong project disciplines, by galvanising staff behind a common short term goal. A natural facilitator, able to use excellent influencing skills to build alignment and buy in across the business
- Innovative & pro-active, able to challenge the status quo and bring fresh thinking to bear.
- Track record of delivering cultural change, creating empowered and disciplined high performance teams.
- Experience of operating on an international and cross-border basis.
- Demonstrable predisposition and ability to work collaboratively.