Head of Quality Assurance (1901)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 29/11/19
About the role
As the Head of Quality Assurance you would be responsible for Quality Assurance (QA) testing and Automated testing of all solutions. You would provide Quality Assurance leadership from testing strategy through to test execution. You would be part of Business Solutions Operational Leadership team that delivers continuous improvement of our delivery, systems, processes and code quality through well executed quality assurance processes.
- Creation of the QA and Test Strategy, the approach and execution in development projects and for quality assurance implementation aligned to the chosen delivery approach
- Responsible for ensuring the Test Strategy/approach remains relevant and aligned to the programmes and projects risk appetite, delivery approach and goals and objectives
- Responsible for Leading and directing the QA teams
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance
- Be accountable for the test automation projects, including mentoring and leadership of testers and managers.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring that the analysis and development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Manage training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the QA teams.
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Accountable for release management function, overseeing the resources who is responsible for managing, planning, scheduling and controlling a software build through different stages and environments.
- Experience in using different and mixed delivery and testing approaches including Agile
- Practical experience in using Test/Programme Management applications
- Practical experience of implementing Test Automation Frameworks and approaches
- Knowledge of financial system architecture and technologies
- Knowledge of using different Automation tools
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Active member of wider Testing community
- Industry recognised Test training and/or certification -e.g. ITSQB-BCS Advanced Test Manager
- Experience in a Head of Test / QA Manager (or similar) background with proven success taking charge of large project deliverables
- This position encompasses more than just software testing, but instead requires an individual who can combine business acumen and technical knowledge to deliver complex solutions.
- Has experience of working on a large complex IT transformation programmes
- Practical experience of testing in a Waterfall, Continuous Integration/Delivery or in a DevOps approach to delivery.
- Proven experience of Release management and code version control tools and processes.
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with 3rd party suppliers, offshore partners and business stakeholders.
- Proven commercial experience in leading testing within financial institutions
- A proven track record of operating within a senior test management position