High Net Worth Underwriter (1887)
- Location: London
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 20/09/19
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an established High Net Worth Underwriter to join our Art and Private Client team.
The role holder will deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of the underwriting team, supporting Ecclesiastical’s “right first time” approach to customer service.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual own work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA's to deliver exceptional customer service/
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical's right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Act on individual audit results and agreed action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints and act upon them in line with company policy.
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD).
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Previous experience in High Net Worth insurance underwriting role
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's including Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent
- Qualified Cert CII or commitment to work towards within an agreed timescale
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible in approach
- Appropriate IT skills