High Net Worth Underwriter (2174a)
- Location: London
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 18/06/21
About the role
We are currently a team with a wide range of experience in insuring HNW clients, specialising in Fine Art and Heritage buildings. We actively encourage an interest in HNW, and work closely as a team. The nature of the business requires a fast turnaround on all areas of the business and consequently a high level of commitment and engagement in the day-to-day work.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual own work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Act on individual audit results and action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints and act upon them in line with company policy.
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD).
Key performance indicators:
- Delivery of Regional/Business Unit new business objectives and targets in line with the Underwriting Strategy and Business Unit Plan
- Delivery of KPIs in line with Business Unit Plan
- Delivery of results and service in line with the Intermediary Distribution Strategy and Service Standards
- Support the Business Unit in the delivery of Broker Development and Customer Engagement objectives
- 360º feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Increased the level of technical competency within the team
- Maintain performance of team by using effective performance management
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a High Net Worth insurance underwriting role.
- Qualified Cert CII or commitment to work towards within an agreed timescale.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent.
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge.
- A proven record of accomplishment of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Appropriate IT skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible in approach.
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment.