Key Account Manager (South Wales & Midlands)
- Location: Home based
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 Hours Per Week (Monday - Friday)
- Application end date: 27/09/19
- Own and proactively develop commercially successful and productive relationships with Brokers and, where appropriate, other intermediaries.
- Acting within Ecclesiastical’s risk appetite: target, win and retain business in our core market sectors, delivering profitable growth in line with plan through:
- Strategic account planning
- Senior stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Maintaining a high market profile with key influencers
- Monitoring performance trends of broker panel and proposing counter strategies
- Market scanning of competitor key broker benefits
- Maximising the impact and effectiveness of the Select broker programme
- Adhering and supporting our National broker development strategy
- Prospecting, including utilising and growing CRM pipeline
- Planning and delivering agreed activity levels, ensuring CRM accurately reflects planned and actual activity
- Delivering a high quality sales process following best practice guidelines
- Driving profitable new business growth
- Driving performance and profitability of Broker panel
- Supporting renewal process
- Meeting retention and new business targets
- Manage an agreed panel of brokers across both brands and schemes.
- Ensure Brokers are given access to appropriate Development Underwriting SMEs from Niches, A&PC (London and Manchester), Real Estate (London) and Schemes.
- Work proactively with colleagues in the technical support functions (particularly Underwriting) to deliver exceptional service to our brokers, effective risk selection and profitability of business underwritten
Key performance indicators
- Utilisation of CRM system to plan, monitor and deliver agreed activity levels.
- Deliver and exceed key financial metrics including GWP, New Business and UWP targets
- Delivery of retention targets
- Broker Survey results, Ecclesiastical surveys and direct feedback from broker panels
- Activity and effective presence at key insurance and related sector events e.g. Association of British Insurers, British Insurance Brokers Association
- Delivery of enquiry and conversion rate targets and performance of business underwritten (UWP)
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Chartered Insurance Professional –ACII qualification or significant progress towards within agreed time frame
- Strong track record in a commercial insurance sales role within the UK market
- Highly credible and commercially focussed with a strong reputation for delivery and service.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships internally and externally
- Excellent communication, negotiation & presentation skills
- Third level or professional sales qualification (preferred)
- knowledge of tactical marketing campaigns and ability to identify such opportunities