MDM Analyst (1758)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Application end date: 26/04/19
About the Horizon Programme
Ecclesiastical are at the start of a large transformational programme for the UK and Irish General Insurance part of the business. The Horizon programme is looking to replace Ecclesiastical’s core General Insurance policy, claims, billing and workflow system and adapt the operating model to better align the business to the current and future needs of the customer. There is an emphasis on becoming a more data driven organisation and as a result we will be looking to improve the quality, governance and controls of system data and the efficiency of reporting and analytics capability.
- Architecting and implementing master data solutions that integrate multiple systems and data through application consolidation, migration, conversion
- Conducting data management maturity assessments and identifying pain points in data governance including data quality, master data and meta-data management
- Ensure a clear, common and consistent definition of data items & data values at a business level.
- Ownership of the Ecclesiastical Data Model / Definition; it’s about linking all critical data to a common point of reference.
- Support the mapping from legacy systems to the IDIT data model.
- Support the mapping from IDIT to the BI / EDW data models.
- Designing reconciliations and controls across and between systems (this is an Audit point).
- Be part of the data design authority group; a collection of key people who have a data focus, mainly Migration, BI & Reporting for Horizon.
- Example issues they would own / resolve:
- What is Niche?
- What are Regions and how should they be used?
- What is the correct mapping of products / covers / etc to lines of business / niche?
- Is the I+ definition of a field the same as CRM, IDIT, RI, EDW, PSF, etc etc.
- What values can a field have? This role would own the content of the Sapiens set-up books.
- he Consultant will be expected to work both independently and in project teams, typically managed by one of our PM’s
- The ideal candidate has the capacity to learn our MDM platform quickly, work across industry verticals as well as understand business needs and translate them into solutions.
- A key requirement for this role is the ability to communicate successfully with business and technical individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Written communication skills (e.g. technical writing, process flow diagrams) are key for solution design and documentation.