PA to Group Chief Actuary (2254)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 10/09/21
- Provide support to the Group Chief Actuary in relation to emails, tracking actions required and picking up any elements which can be actioned on his behalf.
- Provide administrative support to those at Director level, within the team, in terms of meeting acceptances, diary management ensuring no double bookings, organising meetings, travel, expenses
- Provide administrative support to heads of Actuarial and Reinsurance teams including as required: diary management, organising meetings, tracking actions, collation and preparation as required of reports and presentations and ad-hoc travel
- As and when required provide administrative support to all members of the Team in terms of meeting requests, travel arrangements, hotel bookings etc.
- Organise and minute internal and external meetings for Actuarial and Reinsurance functions
- Deliver effective secretariat service to the Direct Board, IMGG, CRMG, Group Reserving Committee, Reinsurance Forum and Reinsurance Security Committee meetings including preparation of agenda, collation of all relevant material, minutes, matters arising and monitoring and expediting agreed actions.
- Organise travel, hotel reservations and booking places for members of the team for Actuarial conferences, such as GIRO and business travel i.e. Canada
- Organise, arrange travel and provide administrative support for annual Monte Carlo and Baden-Baden reinsurance conferences, CIAR reinsurance conference, autumn pre-renewal meetings, Bermuda & Australia reinsurance conferences and reinsurer visits to Ecclesiastical offices.
- Be able to provide confidential PA support to the Group CFO and others as required.
- Produce MI and associated reports for Board and Executive Committees in relation to Actuarial and Reinsurance teams.
- Provide administrative support for risk management across Actuarial and Reinsurance teams, including maintaining risk register and risk event logging, production of reports and MI, follow up of actions following risk event reviews.
- Maintain overview of spend vs budget as required, reporting on over/under spends; manage purchase orders and payment requests; manage expense claims for managers and manage other regular departmental expenses as required.
- Ensure that accurate holiday, sickness and HR information is maintained for managers.
- Maintain departmental documents such as Business Continuity plans and maintain the Actuarial and Reinsurance teamsites.
Key performance indicators
- 360 feedback
- Meetings and committees run smoothly and efficiently with positive feedback received from managers and attendees on quality of service delivered
- Actions arising from meetings and committees are properly communicated to action parties, expedited and appropriately closed down.
- Quality, timeliness and timely follow up of MI, reports and Committee / meeting papers
- Delivery standard to be 100% of pre agreed SLA’s
- Timely and quality execution of deliverables
- Projects deliver required outcomes and benefits within timescales
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- High level of personal organisation and accuracy
- Ability to minute highly technical and wide ranging topics
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Proven track record of strong relationship management with senior executives and key external stakeholders
- Positive, enthusiastic and pro-active attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Commitment to deliver exceptional customer service contributing both as an individual and as an effective part of a team
- Self-starter, able to manage own workload
- Appropriate IT skills, including powerpoint and excel