PMO Manager (1819)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 26/04/19
About the role
Providing oversight of the current project portfolio to ensure schedules and timelines are met. Key individual responsible for overall project knowledge and execution according to agreed upon deliverables and timeline.
Ecclesiastical are at the start of a large transformational programme for the UK and Irish General Insurance part of the business. The Horizon programme is looking to replace Ecclesiastical’s core General Insurance policy, claims, billing and workflow system and adapt the operating model to better align the business to the current and future needs of the customer. There is an emphasis on becoming a more data driven organisation and as a result we will be looking to improve the quality, governance and controls of system data and the efficiency of reporting and analytics capability.
- Identify and agree the strategic requirements of all relevant parties across the programme/portfolio to establish overall programme/portfolio deliverables and critical success factors to provide a basis for effective planning and management of programmes/portfolios.
- Drive the regular capture and analysis of data to aid the prioritisation, monitoring of and reporting on change initiatives, with the aim of maximising investment and being able to provide good quality portfolio reports (eliciting information from stakeholders when it is not easily available).
- Assist in the completion of programme business cases to secure programme funding.
- Manage and deliver any required change in programme outcome/s to meet changing business need and ensure this is fully documented and approved.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of overall programme/portfolio plans and budgets which will deliver to stakeholder and business needs, and that specific deadlines and milestones are agreed and communicated to all parties involved.
- Work closely with Exec Sponsors, Head of Change/Programme/Project Managers to fully identify and articulate change requirements and desired business benefits and to translate these into agreed clear and tangible outcomes.
- Ensure that all aspects of the projects/programmes/portfolio are fully defined to ensure stakeholder requirements are achieved in accordance with all business and commercial criteria, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Lead, develop and motivate assigned PMO resources to ensure they are aware of and capable of meeting their responsibilities and achieve their potential.
- Direct, control and monitor programmes so that they are delivered to agreed time, cost and quality requirements, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress against plan and, where necessary, intervening to resolve issues which threaten delivery to plan.
- Drive the development of resource plans to ensure the programme/portfolio team possesses the required resources and capability to effectively deliver the project in line with all requirements.
- Ensure that programmes/portfolios adhere to relevant policies, procedures, techniques and processes and that they are carried out in such a way as to minimise risk.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of managing a range of strategic programmes/projects (in terms of value, numbers of people and organisations involved and technical and business complexity)
- Substantial knowledge of project management frameworks and governance approaches in a relevant environment
- Relationship management with internal stakeholders (up to Director/Exec level) and external technology suppliers/partners (including contract negotiation as appropriate) at senior levels
- Proven experience of third party management in relation to key suppliers, sub-contractors & stakeholders
- Significant experience of delivery success through effective management of virtual teams
- Expert financial/cost management capability, including managing budgets, challenging costs & interpreting data
- Able to think strategically and communicate a strategy/vision effectively
- Expert networking, presentation, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to present effectively at major meetings/conferences
- Substantial knowledge of relevant processes, procedures and relevant regulations
- Experience of working in a Major Change Organisation