Property Account Underwriter (1858)
- Location: London
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 20/09/19
About the role
This is a key individual role in providing support to the Property Account Director across various elements of the Property Account, from account monitoring and controls, tactical and strategic account development and change, to supporting large case referrals. This will entail close liaison with many other areas of the business and at various levels, including senior management.
- Support the Property Account Director in the profitable development of the Property Account and delivery of the UKGI Plan
- Provide detailed portfolio analysis to aid the understanding of Property Account performance and support the Property Account Director in actively monitoring and managing the Property Account KPI’s across the portfolio
- Pro-actively identify areas of opportunity and issue and make appropriate recommendations to the Property Account Director and wider business contributing to strategy as required
- Act as a technical referral point for the Property Line of Business and cascade Property technical expertise to the regions and other business units.
- Referrals may come from all underwriting levels including Regional Underwriting Managers, so requires a high level of technical expertise.
- Supporting the Property Account director with wider Group business (Ireland, Canada & Australia) when required
- Supporting the Property Account director in his additional duties as Real Estate Niche Director in delivering all Real Estate Niche KPI’s and plans
- Recommend timely changes / updates to Property underwriting appetite, underwriting guides, pricing and wordings
- Develop and deliver training material and guidance for the wider business
- Proactively research and keep up to date with market developments for Property and provide appropriate recommendations for action
- Support UKGI business units in developing underwriting trading skills to help enhance relationships with brokers, customers and business partners.
- To act as a Property specialist, demonstrating Ecclesiastical’s line of business knowledge and expertise.
- Work in partnership with Pricing in order to deliver pricing reviews as required
- Work with reserving and finance in order to contribute to reserving practices and financial reporting for Property
- Ensure U/W quality is in line with U/W strategy through;
- Development and coaching of U/W staff
- Timely and appropriate quality control checks
- Work as required across all aspects of the UW operations function, working outside own area of specialism when needed
Essential skills and qualifications
- ACII Qualified or Dip CII with commitment to achieve ACII within a defined timescale
- Significant relevant experience of the commercial insurance industry
- Proven track record of profitable portfolio management
- Strong proven property underwriting technical knowledge
- Additional specialist Real Estate / Property Owners experience would be advantageous
- Experience of working with a proportional surplus property treaty would be advantageous
- Experience of influencing senior stakeholders within underwriting & wider business areas
- Practical experience of the ability to quickly implement new initiatives
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel experience