Risk and Compliance Consultant (2202)
- Location: Eastbourne
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week
- Application end date: 02/07/21
About the role
The successful candidate will enjoy a varied and challenging work programme, providing oversight and operational management of risk and regulatory compliance to this general insurance business, in accordance with a wider Group risk and governance framework.
This is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a broad range of experience who is looking for a new and exciting challenge.
- Provide clear, pragmatic support and guidance to the business on regulatory issues and ensure that any regulatory remedial actions fulfil regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain proportionate and effective risk management and control so that risks and exposures in the business are identified, monitored and managed in line with the Group risk and governance framework.
- Assist the business in identifying impact of, and implementation plans for, regulatory change.
- Monitor risk management performance, report findings and make recommendations.
- Develop, implement and embed first line risk and compliance procedures in the business to support and enhance our underwriting and customer propositions.
- Monitor and interpret complaints, internal audit and regulatory breach analysis, to identify root causes and develop appropriate solutions
- Collaborate closely with Group Risk and Compliance colleagues to promote and embed a holistic risk management approach
- Support, challenge and coach business managers to enable them to manage risks effectively and provide compliance related training in addition to Group regulatory training where necessary.
- Interpret regulatory rules and guidance and convey impact to business by variety of means, e.g. in writing, presentations, workshops.
- Act as risk and compliance liaison for Ansvar within the wider business
- Promote risk management advice and best practice
- Support and represent the Ansvar MD by providing analysis, insights and reports as requested
- To provide support and guidance to the business to ensure that any regulatory remedial actions fulfil regulatory requirements.
Key performance indicators
- Key issues identified, escalated and actioned within defined SLA’s
- Timeliness and quality of reporting
- Operational loss events and near misses captured and reported to Group Risk
- Increase level of risk awareness, monitoring and management within Ansvar
- Achieve internal audit objectives
- Evidence development of a knowledge sharing culture
- Positive feedback from Group Risk and Compliance Team
- Positive feedback from Ansvar Leadership Team
- Enhance Ansvar’s contribution to Group risk management strategy discussions
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven relevant experience in business operations or operational risk roles in an Insurance environment (preferably general insurance)
- Solid risk management knowledge
- Experience of working in a consultancy capacity within an organisation (desirable)
- High levels of initiative and commercial acumen
- Experience of effective engagement on compliance matters with colleagues at different levels within a commercial environment
- Track record of success in promoting collaborative and productive relationships
- Sound communication, analytical and numeracy skills
- Sound knowledge of the FCA source books – in particular ICOBS, DISP, PROD, SYSC and GEN as well as GDPR and Anti-Money Laundering/Fraud identification/prevention measures.