Risk Management Surveyor (Glasgow / Scotland Region) (2222b)
- Location: Home based
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday (Flexibility around working hours)
- Application end date: 10/09/21
About the role
Following a period of training, centred at our Gloucester academy, these homebased roles allow for a great deal of flexibility and empowered ways of working.
Risk Management has been at the heart of our specialist underwriting and customer proposition for almost a century and we have a reputation for market leading expertise in the Private Client, Education, Care, Charity, Faith and Real Estate sectors. We insure some of the country’s leading landmark and most iconic locations and, as the country’s largest insurer of Grade 1 listed buildings, our aim is to protect the irreplaceable, a truly privileged position helping to protect our fabulous built heritage!
You’ll have a diverse and challenging mix of survey assignments across all of our customer groups and you’ll receive comprehensive technical training and ongoing support with your development. We are ideally looking for experienced risk surveyors/professionals or otherwise trainees who aspire to become Risk Management Surveyors.
You’ll carry out desk-top and on-site risk management appraisals and surveys of customer premises within your geographical territory to produce assessment, improvement and valuation reports to a highly professional standard.
- Proactively build positive internal and external relationships to facilitate the delivery of exceptional service as part of Ecclesiastical’s Risk Management team.
- Work collaboratively with claims, underwriting and the wider business to support the free exchange of technical risk information and achievement of Business initiatives/objectives.
- Maintain a professional and positive approach to work situations, supporting change that benefits the wider business.
- Undertaking desktop and on-site valuation and/or risk management survey assessments of insured premises in line with agreed survey authorities within a designated geographical territory and other geographical areas (as may be required from time to time).
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual workloads to enable efficient delivery to agreed service standards.
- Produce suitable valuation, risk survey, risk improvement reports in accordance with published guidelines, to a professional standard, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Act as lead Surveyor on Key Accounts delivering the additional services prescribed.
- Promote/support the Ecclesiastical Risk proposition through attendance at/delivery of ‘Risk’ workshops/seminars to brokers and customers, as required by the business. Act on audit results and agreed actions plans to improve own performance and fulfil personal potential.
- Take responsibility for building own technical knowledge and professional expertise through development and implementation of a meaningful PDP which supports self- development and benefits the wider survey team.
- Identify and promote the business activities of all Ecclesiastical’s companies.
- Proactively contribute risk insight to internal and external events, communications and publications.
- Proactively share knowledge, expertise, loss and risk insight with colleagues across the organisation.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience in fire (and non-fire perils), theft, business interruption and liability insurance risk survey assessments.
- Can analyse an organisation/location and identify resilience or vulnerabilities in respect of insured perils.
- Is able to accurately calculate a building (and where appropriate contents) valuation/sum insured on a reinstatement and/or restoration basis, and all necessary maximum loss scenarios.
- Good appreciation of British architecture, design, construction and fire detection, protection and suppression systems.
- Proven record of accomplishment of success and achievement in relevant Risk Management roles with evidence of having added commercial value.
- Dip CII and/or International Certificate in Risk Management or firm commitment to achieve this within an agreed period.
- NEBOSH - national general certificate (preferential).
- Propensity to learn and apply learning to benefit on the job contribution
- Organisational and problem solving capabilities and willingness to work outside own comfort zone to support wider business and personal development opportunities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident and influential communicator at all levels.