Secretarial Assistant (1951)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 28/02/20
About the role
To provide technical and administrative support ensuring compliance with statutory obligations, manage the year-end process, assist with the organisation of Board meetings and facilitate the effective operation of the Secretarial Team
- To assist with the organisation of Board, Committee and Annual General Meetings including the production of board calendars, agendas, board papers, resolutions, minutes and matters arising.
- To assist the Boards in adopting good practice governance standards.
- To ensure all statutory forms are prepared and filed within deadlines.
- To ensure that minute books and electronic statutory registers are kept up to date.
- To assist with the preparation of Stock Exchange Announcements ensuring appropriate sign-off before release.
- To support the Secretaries with year-end matters to include preparation of Directors Reports in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and developing solutions as appropriate to business requirements.
- To support secretaries in actively managing external stakeholders including shareholder transactions, dividends and other corporate matters.
- To assist with corporate projects.
- To ensure that all procedures are reviewed regularly
Key performance indicators
- Board meetings run smoothly and efficiently and positive feedback received from Directors on the quality of service delivered to Boards.
- Actions arising from Board meetings are properly communicated to the business and appropriately closed down.
- All statutory forms filed within deadlines
- Minute books and Blueprint are regularly reviewed and kept up to date.
- All shareholder records and transactions kept up to date and positive relations maintained with key stakeholders.
- Directors Reports and associated year end actions completed effectively and filed within deadlines.
- Positive feedback received from key stakeholders and staff in the business
- All procedures are up to date
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualification: Working towards the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators qualification
- Previous experience in a Company Secretarial role or equivalent
- Experienced in liaising with Senior Executives, Non- Executive Directors and external stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of Companies Act and awareness of other legislative requirements
- Strong relationship management experience
- Strong IT skills