Senior Business Analyst - (2237)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: FTC up to 12 months
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 24/09/21
About the role
The role holder will take responsibility for investigative work to specify effective business solutions. Specifies their implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, processes, practices, organisation and equipment.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration. Identifies potential benefits, and available options for consideration.
- Utilises business experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives
- Applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and communicates at a consistently high standard both technical and descriptive information, in writing and verbally.
- Assists in defining and justifying (in business terms) initiatives to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual workflow effectively to deliver exceptional service, ensuring present and future demand is adequately resource.
- Proactively build successful internal and external relationships to support excellence in delivery
- Maintains links with appropriate counterparts within business functions and plays a full part in bringing solutions to implementation.
- Maintains business and functional awareness at a level where alternatives can be analysed and recommended where they offer best value.
- Take ownership and an approach of continuous improvement to their own skills, knowledge and personal development
- Act as a coach and point of referral for more junior team members
- Participate in continuous improvement reviews. Identify and lead opportunities to improve current methods, practices and processes
- Ensures that views of all parties are considered, verified and validated within the stakeholder community.
- Arranges, prepares and facilitates client/users meetings and presents issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
Key performance indicators
- 360º feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstration of being instrumental in the delivery of solutions that contribute to company objectives
- Improvement in value delivery of the team
- Delivery standard to be in line with agreed annual objective and job specifications
- 360º feedback from team members and internal stakeholders
- Delivery of coaching and its’ measurable impact
- Increased level of competency within the individual and team
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Previous analytical experience
- Proficient in analysing the underlying issues in complex problems by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts.
- Keeps overall objectives and strategies in mind
- Keeps commercial aspects continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Understands the needs of the internal or external customer.
- Ability to establish relationships and maintain contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Identifies a project's key stakeholders and an assesses correctly their interests
- Delivers effective presentations.
- Expert in the Methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases
- Familiar with Methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects.
- Good standard of educational achievement to A level
- Organisational and problem solving capabilities
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Confident and influential communicator at all levels
- A clear appreciation of the need for exceptional standards of delivery and evidence of a strong commitment to delivering improved standards