Senior/Claims Handler (200351)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week (Monday to Friday, covering between 8am to 6pm)
- Application end date: 22/10/21
About the role
Within Claims we take pride in delivering an exceptional customer experience and believe our customers are entitled to the highest standards of service, courtesy and professionalism. We operate in small teams, provide a personal service, are highly qualified and trained to the highest technical standards.
Working within an experienced and professional team, you will be expected to take ownership of your own caseload and in addition, you must have an extremely strong team ethic, which is essential for upholding our reputation for excellence that stands us apart within the industry.
- Technically manage an interesting and varied personal caseload of Property Claims up to a value of £50,000 per claim (dependent upon qualifications and experience) whilst maintaining our extremely high standards of both quality and customer service.
- Proactively handle all allocated claims, effectively communicating with all key internal and external stakeholders (End Customers, Brokers and Service Suppliers) from initial notification through to final settlement.
- Monitoring, maintaining and developing personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development, supported by our Claims Faculty as well as on-going at the desk coaching.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- To be able to demonstrate a clear appreciation of the need for exceptional standards of customer service
- Previous property claims handling experience would be desirable
- Cert CII qualified or a willingness to achieve qualifications within an agreed timescale
- Must be DIP CII qualified for Senior Claims Handler
- Strong negotiation skills both verbal and written
- The ability to assimilate and comprehend information
- Track record of delivering excellence
- Ability to handle high call volumes effectively
- Good attention to detail
- Energy, focus and an interest in personal development
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise workloads accordingly
- Willingness to take full ownership of each individual claim