Senior Developer (2023)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 29/01/21
About the role
You will be required to design, code, unit test, configure, document and support websites and web applications and modifications to them from supplied specifications or acceptance criteria using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result. Conduct reviews of supplied specifications with others as appropriate.
- Working with Business Solutions counterparts as required to produce systems designs and specifications and validate designs produced by external suppliers.
- Develop web applications that meet the stated business requirements, acceptance criteria, or agreed “definition of done” and support wider Business Solutions strategic objectives.
- Continue to keep abreast of industry best practices and make recommendations as to their adoption.
- Supporting the business to provide 3rd line support for developed and packaged web applications including configuration.
- Documented promotion of configuration, code, and other artefacts between environments following the change control and release management processes.
- Provide handover documentation and skills transfer to other areas as required e.g. training and application support.
- To use the provided software tools to facilitate the execution of the unit testing, both automated and non-automated, the comparison of actual outcomes to predicted outcomes, the setting up of test preconditions, and other test control and test reporting functions.
- Make recommendations for process improvement within the team, participating in sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives and reviews, as necessary.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to others with a view to improving the overall skillset within the team.
- Deputise for the Systems Development Manager and project a positive image of Business Solutions within the wider organisation.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- .NET Framework and .NET Core with C# (SOLID, design patterns)
- Website and applications both front- and back-end (full-stack)
- Significant cloud experience, including concepts and configuration
- Significant system integration experience both cloud and on premises: buses, brokers, patterns