Senior IT Project Manager (2028)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent or x2 year fixed-term contract considered
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 17/07/20
About the role
Ecclesiastical in the first phase of a large transformational programme for the UK and Irish General Insurance part of the business. The Horizon programme is looking to replace Ecclesiastical’s core General Insurance policy, claims, billing and workflow system and adapt the operating model to better align the business to the current and future needs of the customer. This is a specialist role to lead the preparation of IT functions for the implementation and manage the multi-phase rollout of the new systems.
- Working closely with IT Senior Managers , manage workstreams to build and enhance IT capabilities to support systems implementations including
- Manage the pre Go Live, Go Live and Warranty stages of multi-phase systems implementation programmes to a structured handover into service
- Develop standards and approaches for use in future phases and programmes
- Manage specific technical projects, successfully implementing to agreed timescales, cost and quality, to achieve planned benefits and outcomes.
- Provide accurate reports for senior management, departmental team leaders and staff, relating to programme and project progress, as directed.
- Ensure there is an overall business case and benefits management plan for the relevant elements of the project and that it is aligned with the agreed outcomes.
- Define and maintain procedures, standards, and templates relating to the project life cycle to support the effective delivery of the programme of projects.
- Act as a point of reference for IT project management, ensuring the delivery of a high standard of service and the achievement of objectives.
Key performance indicators
- 360º feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstration of being instrumental in the delivery of projects that drive and support the company’s objectives and strategy
- Delivery of projects within agreed SLAs and budget Delivery standard to be in line with agreed annual objective and job specifications
- Increased level of competency of solutions delivery
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven experience of working in a portfolio, programme and project environment
- Previous experience leading similar IT projects including Pre Go Live , Go Live , Warranty and IT capability development in similar projects and programmes
- Working in mixed Waterfall, Agile and DevOps environments
- Insurance or Financial Services experience
- University graduate or work experience commensurate with the role
- Analytical mind set, the ability to think laterally identifying root causes and confident in making recommendations.
- The ability to multi-task, manage work under pressure, to complete work accurately and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and influence up to Director level, tailoring style as appropriate.
- User of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Project, Powerpoint and Teams