Senior Project Manager – GDPR (2010)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Fixed-term for 12 months
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 10/04/20
About the role
To manage projects in line with corporate strategy, standards and ethos, to meet business needs, utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. We are looking for a project / programme manager who has experience in transforming the effective and strategic use of data within organisations
- Relevant experience in managing data strategy programmes. The scope of the data optimisation activity within Ecclesiastical will range from work-streams that ensure the data is collected, managed and stored in an effective and compliant way, through to the overall data strategy and ensuring that data provides effective management information and insight that can be used in making business decisions
- Management of major/technical projects, successfully implementing to agreed timescales, cost and quality, to achieve planned benefits and outcomes.
- Audit and monitor projects and the programme of projects as directed to ensure that project management standards are followed and that the programme and individual projects are being progressed effectively.
- Provide accurate reports for senior management, departmental team leaders and staff, relating to programme and project progress, as directed.
- Ensure there is an overall business case and benefits management plan for the project and that it is aligned with the agreed outcomes.
- Define and maintain procedures, standards, and templates relating to the project life cycle to support the effective delivery of the programme of projects.
- Act as a point of reference for project management, assisting other project managers in the motivation, development and performance of staff, ensuring the delivery of a high standard of service and the achievement of objectives.
Key performance indicators
- 360º feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstration of being instrumental in the delivery of projects that drive and support the company’s objectives and strategy
- Delivery of projects within agreed SLAs and budget, including delivery of project outcomes
- Delivery standard to be in line with agreed annual objective and job specifications
- Increased level of competency of solutions delivery
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Extensive experience of working in a portfolio, programme and project support environment
- The successful candidate will have experience in data programmes that include some of the following:
- GDPR projects
- Data strategy development
- cultural and structural changes that get best value and insight from the data available to an organisation
- Prince II or APM Professional
- University graduate or work experience commensurate with the role
- Analytical mind set, the ability to think laterally identifying root causes and confident in making recommendations.
- The ability to multi-task, manage work under pressure, to complete work accurately and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and influence up to Director level, tailoring style as appropriate.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Project, Powerpoint and Visio