Senior Underwriter (200337)
- Location: Manchester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 22/10/21
About the role
The role holder will deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of the underwriting team, supporting Ecclesiastical’s “right first time” approach to customer service.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy
- Provide embedded underwriting support at partner and customer sites if required.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Act as referral point for the team providing coaching, training in an appropriate time frame
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Act on individual audit results and agreed action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints, act upon them and resolve in line with company policy.
- Conduct audits and provide feedback, coaching and training as appropriate
- Provide team manager support as and when required.
- Manage a defined caseload
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD)
Key performance indicators
- Meet retention targets
- Audit results consistently in line with expectations
- Delivery standard within agreed SLA’s
- Adherence to UW strategy
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent experience
- Qualified Dip CII or commitment to achieve within an agreed timescale
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Sound technical underwriting knowledge (will be tested)
- Able to work as part of a team and support colleagues
- Resilient and adaptable
- Proactive and prepared to research answers and solutions
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience of acting as a coach within a commercial environment
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment