Senior Underwriter – Specialist Niche (2240)
- Location: London
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 27/08/21
About the role
Our Specialist Niche team underwrite commercial risks in our core niches of heritage, charity and education throughout London and the South East region.
We are looking for an established Senior Underwriter where you will be responsible for underwriting a profitable existing book of business.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy and risk appetite.
- Provide coaching, deliver training and act as referral point for Underwriters in the team.
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints, act upon them and resolve in line with company policy.
- Conduct audits and provide feedback, coaching and training as appropriate.
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD).
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Commercial / Property underwriting experience is essential.
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service within an existing business environment. Underwriting the following heads of cover: property, liability and financial lines.
- Qualified Dip CII as a minimum or commitment to achieve within a defined timescale.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent experience.
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge.
- Appropriate IT skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience of acting as a coach within a commercial environment.
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment.