Specialist Niche Underwriter (1943)
- Location: London
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 28/02/20
About the role
You will be working in a professional, enthusiastic team focusing on processing existing business. We are looking for an accomplished and conscientious individual with a clear appreciation of the need for great customer service. Self-managing with a flexible approach combined with the ability to meet priorities and to play your part in contributing to your individual and team goals will be central to your success.
- Negotiate and profitably underwrite existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy.
- Support Senior Underwriters on Key Accounts.
- Plan, prioritise and manage workload in order to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face, email and post) to support and maintain a high quality service to our Customers and Business Partners.
- Act on individual audit results and action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Be an Ambassador for the business area by identifying complaints and acting upon them in line with company policy.
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD).
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Cert CII qualified or a willingness to achieve qualifications within an agreed timescale.
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge desirable.
- Strong verbal communication and ability to produce tailored written communication.
- Good system and administration skills with attention to detail and accuracy to ensure data integrity and compliance.
- Ability to challenge and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Professional and personable – a credible representative for Ecclesiastical.
- Resilient, positive and pro-active with a can-do attitude.