Systems Performance Analyst (2142)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 23/04/21
About the role
To manage all aspects of the bespoke systems operated within Risk Management to include maintenance and development of the systems and to act as expert point of reference
- Provide first line support promoting a digital first and data led culture
- Support the development and delivery of the Risk Management Digital Strategy
- Maintain the smooth running of principal Risk Management applications
- Support the design, evaluation and implementation of new Risk Management applications
- Liaise with other members of Risk Management’s Leadership Team to ensure key operating processes work in conjunction with our primary applications
- Supervise the administration of Risk Management’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Management and Administration of technical hubs and repositories, identifying and resolving errors and the removal of corrupted data
- Set up and maintain automated data processes
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to fully understand data content
- Work with Risk Management’s Leadership Team to prioritise business and information needs
- Development of business insights and operational performance metrics. Development of data dashboards, graphs and visualisation.
- Production of business reports in a timely manner
- Liaise with key business partners to ensure MI produced is desired and relevant
- Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining these databases
- Statistical analysis: Identify patterns in data and anomaly detection, and tracking key performance indicators
- Perform analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data, which will be used to prepare reports used for presenting to stakeholders
- Data storytelling: Communicate actionable insights using data, often for a non-technical audience using business analytics reporting tools
Key performance indicators
- All routine tasks to be carried out within SLAs and to standard with a ‘right first time’ approach as evidenced by resolution of logs.
- No major ‘down time’ of bespoke systems operated within Risk Management where responsibility for maintenance and upgrades resides within the team.
- Documented system access audits demonstrating compliance with DPA and the relevance of access being granted.
- Positive feedback from users of the Risk Management system and the service provided by the team in terms of upgrades, testing and developments and the ability of the system to effectively meet the needs of the users.
- No legislative or regulatory changes which impact Risk Management systems and related processes which have not been identified in good time to implement.
- To generate business and risk hypotheses from data to lead business and insightful decisions
- To build reports which are intuitive to use, self-explanatory and are adopted by end users
- Supporting the Digital and Data Manger by role modelling the benefits of a digital first and data led strategy
Knowledge, skills and experience
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple streams of work and manage the team at any one time.
- Previous experience of maintaining systems with a proven understanding of system protocols such as testing, upgrading, etc.
- Confident in addressing and escalating matters with colleagues in order to resolve underlying issues.
- Collaborative approach to working on key projects with the ability to engage multiple groups of people to ensure effective delivery.
- Effective influencing and communication skills with a strong focus on business partnering with the Business Solutions and Security and Continuity teams and the ability to handle challenge from key internal business contacts.
- Proven experience in managing system upgrades and project management in general.
- Displays a consultative style to gain a full understanding of the problems needing resolution.
- Well versed in different analytical solutions to solve abstract business issues.
- Critical thinking: Apply objective analysis of facts before coming to a conclusion.
- Inquisitiveness: Look beyond what’s on the surface to discover patterns and solutions within the data.
- A high level of mathematical ability
- Programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle and Python
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to be self-motivated and work within a high performing team
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques
- Have a keen interest in the development and adoption of digital hardware and software solutions, ideally supporting infield reporting for the surveyor community.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies which can be used daily and support innovation