Technical Underwriter (2189)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 02/07/21
About the role
The role holder will deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of the underwriting team, act as referral point for the wider customer service area provide structured coaching to individuals and both support and deputise for the Church Underwriting Manager as appropriate.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy
- Provide embedded underwriting support at partner and customer sites if required.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Act as referral point for the wider customer service area
- Deliver training sessions within the department as and when required
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Act on individual audit results and agreed action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance
- Analyse team audit results and identify and implement solutions to improve future results.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints, act upon them and resolve in line with company policy.
- Conduct audits and provide feedback, coaching and training as appropriate
- Provide team manager support as and when required.
- Act as liaison between own area and the head office underwriting team
- Provide project support as required
- Manage own caseload
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD)
Key performance indicators:
- Delivery standard to within agreed SLAs
- Timeliness and quality of reporting
- Meet retention/NB targets
- Adherence to UW strategy
- Delivery of COR targets
- Increased level of technical competency within the UW team
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- ACII qualified or commitment to achieve within an agreed timescale
- Graduate from Ecclesiastical’s internal Underwriting academy at level 3 within an agreed timescale
- In depth insurance technical knowledge (will be tested)
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment
- Confident and influential communicator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- The ability to build and manage co-operative and productive relationships
- A proven track record of acting as a coach within a commercial environment
- Experience and ability to analyse and produce relevant MI