- Location: Birmingham
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 13/12/19
About the role
The role holder will deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of the underwriting team, supporting Ecclesiastical’s “right first time” approach to customer service.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual own work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Act on individual audit results and agreed action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints and act upon them in line with company policy.
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD)
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent
- Qualified Cert CII or commitment to work towards within an agreed timescale
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service