- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 29/01/21
About the role
The Customer Services Team is dedicated to delivering an excellent end to end customer journey from answering our customer telephone calls to delivering the work of the back of the calls.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to progress within the Insurance Industry in a varied role. You will be offered a tailored training programme designed to enable you to progress and develop within the organisation and achieve professional qualifications.
The purpose of this role is to deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of the underwriting team, supporting Ecclesiastical’s “right first time” approach to customer service.
- Plan, prioritise and manage workload in order to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face, email and post) to support and maintain a high quality service to our Customers and Business Partners.
- Act on individual action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Act as an Ambassador for the business area by identifying complaints and acting upon them in line with company policy.
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (in-house training, CII, CPD).
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible in approach.
- Cert CII qualified or commitment to achieve CII qualification within an agreed timescale.
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Appropriate IT skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English.
- Experience in an Underwriting role/environment