Skip to content

Clergy Home Insurance

As a member of the clergy, your vocation means you need to keep an open door for your congregation and community - but this can present extra risks for your home contents. 

That’s why we have enhanced the cover we provide to the clergy in our home contents insurance. Plus, if you are paid a Church Of England stipend you may also  get an additional discount depending on where you live. 

Just make sure you enter your title as Revd when completing an online quote.

Clergy Home Contents Benefits

As a member of the Church of England clergy you will benefit from:

tick.gif No excess for theft and malicious damage – normally at least a £75 excess applies

tick.gif Up to £15,000 cover for your ministry and business equipment - £5,000 more than our standard contents insurance

tick.gif Includes items such as computers and printers; and communion sets

tick.gif Cover is also available for e.g. using your laptop away from home, perhaps in your office at the church (although it may not be left there but taken home with you)

tick.gif Claims for clergy robes, vestments, all other clothing and household linen will not be subject to a deduction for wear and tear

tick.gif Cover for loss or damage of contents when moving home, including brittle items, whether or not professional removal contractors carry out the removal

tick.gif Personal belongings includes property owned or used for church business purposes

tick.gif Guests personal belongings cover includes the personal belongings of visitors to the home and the most we will pay for any one claim is increased to £5,000 - £ 2,500 more than our standard contents insurance

tick.gif Any exclusion of loss or damage caused after your home has been continuously unoccupied or unfurnished for more than 60 days, is increased from 60 days to 90 days

tick.gif Cover for secretaries under ‘domestic’ employees cover 

tick.gif Theft cover is not restricted to forcible or violent entry or exit whilst the property is used in connection with their occupation, e.g. arrangements for weddings/christenings 

tick.gif Even if you need to take out contents-only insurance because you are living in tied accommodation; you can still add cover for sheds and greenhouses, normally only included in a “buildings” policy 

To ensure you qualify for your extra clergy benefits make sure you select the right occupation when you complete an online quote – or if you have any questions call us on 0800 917 3345 (8am to 6pm weekdays).

Get a quote and buy online now or call us on 0800 917 3345  (8am to 6pm weekdays)

Remember, as with all home insurance policies terms and conditions apply. We may not be able to quote in all circumstances. If you think you may need a different sum insured to what we offer as standard, please call us.

* Terms and conditions and minimum discounts apply

Home insurance  
Trust 130 Travel insurance
Ecclesiastical Insurance Group plc (EIG) Reg No 1718196. Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc (EIO) Reg No 24869. Ecclesiastical Life Ltd (ELL) Reg No 243111. Ecclesiastical Financial Advisory Services Ltd (EFAS) Reg No 2046087. Ecclesiastical Underwriting Management Ltd (EUML) Reg No 2368571. E.I.O. Trustees Ltd Reg No 941199. EdenTree Investment Management Ltd (EIM) Reg No 2519319. All companies are registered in England at Beaufort House, Brunswick Road, Gloucester GL1 1JZ. EIO and ELL are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 113848 (EIO) and 110318 (ELL). EFAS and EIM are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number 126123 (EFAS) and 527473 (EIM). EUML is an appointed representative of EIO who is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 402228.