Home emergency cover
Protecting your home in an emergency
What would you do if a pipe burst in the middle of the night? Would you know where to find the number of a 24 hour plumber? If you don’t, not to worry as our home emergency cover gives you access to our rapid response team of fully qualified and approved contractors.
The last thing you want to do if something goes wrong is spend time ringing round electricians and plumbers. By calling our helpline we can send one of our rapid response team out to you because getting someone in quickly could reduce the impact of the incident and inconvenience to you.
What does Home Emergency cover?
- We have a 24 hour helpline that will quickly respond to emergencies which are a risk to you or your home
- You will have access to our rapid response approved contractors to come and repair any damage caused by a covered home emergency
- We will pay up to £750 including VAT for call out, labour, parts and materials for each repair
- Home emergency cover is included in your annual premium, you don’t have to pay any excess if you use it.
If something does go wrong and you have a home emergency, our home emergency insurance will quickly provide the help you need and meet some or all of the cost of the repair.
Types of emergencies covered
- Roof damage
- Plumbing and drainage
- Main heating system
- Domestic power supply
- Toilet unit
- Home security
If there is an incident at your home which is sudden, unexpected and requires immediate corrective action to:
- Prevent any damage or further damage to your home
- Makes your home safe and secure; or
- Relieve any unreasonable discomfort, risk or difficulty to you.
16 October 2018