Women in Finance Charter
14 November 2018
Ecclesiastical is pleased to be one of the founding signatories of the Women in Finance Charter.
The Charter is a financial services initiative to build a more balanced and fair industry, promoting gender balance at all levels across Financial Services firms. It involves a range of commitments which will be reported on the HM Treasury website.
How are we going to do it
How we recruit and attract employees
- Review our candidate communications to more clearly communicate our commitment to gender diversity.
How we develop our people and support them to grow
- Provide the development and stretch challenges, to enable our female talent to reach their potential
- Support people to grow their careers through our General Insurance and People Leaders Academies.
How we approach remuneration and managing performance
- Continue to enhance gender monitoring within our performance moderation, and pay bonus and review processes
- Continue to enhance gender monitoring of remuneration packages at recruitment and promotion.
How we consider the health & safety and wellbeing of our people
- Ensure the continued excellence and employee awareness of our suite of flexible working and family-friendly policies
- Support our employees to build their own resilience enabling them to better manage both workplace and personal challenges.
2018 update on progress
Some of the key steps we’ve taken since becoming Charter members include:
- Clearly setting out and embedding our commitment to diversity within our target culture model and Code of Conduct, as well as on our careers pages
- Enhancing how we gather and report data – including in our Annual Report & Accounts
- Enhancing diversity e-learning for all employees and running unconscious bias training for all managers
- Providing leadership development and stretch challenges to enable our female talent to reach their potential through our Ecclesiastical Leadership Development Programme
- Supporting people to grow their careers through our General Insurance and People Leaders Academies
- Continuing to enhance gender monitoring within our performance, pay and bonus processes, and reporting on our Gender Pay Gap ahead of the required deadline.