Helping you make the most of your savings
Most of us need to save for something – whether it’s for buying a home, a dream holiday, a new car, helping children with university costs or a house deposit or ensuring your money generates growth or income, it’s important to make plans for your savings and investments.
Making your savings work efficiently can be achieved in a number of ways. You might want to consider options including:
- Tax-efficient products
- Investment accounts
- Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
- Tax-free saving for your children
- Options for your pension
- Finding a higher rate of interest
- Single premium investment bonds
- Onshore or offshore saving
- Making ethical and/or socially responsible investments.
Our Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs) can give you the right advice to suit your circumstances and objectives including the benefits and any downsides or limits and the various products available.
Ethical and socially responsible investments
Ethical and socially responsible investment means investing in line with ethical principles and/or following a number of environmental and social governance factors and using these to filter the selection of investments.
Ethical investment funds can be screened using negative or positive criteria. For example, for negatively screened funds the manager will be screening investments to avoid a range of things believed to be harmful such as companies making the majority of their profits from activities including manufacturing armaments, tobacco or alcohol and the testing of cosmetic products on animals and many other ‘negative’ issues.
When using a positive screen the investment managers actively look for companies that make a positive social impact, for example they have good corporate governance and employment practices and look to make a positive impact on the environment amongst other things.
Our Independent Financial Advisers have extensive experience in helping clients fulfil their ethical principles when choosing suitable investments.
How we help
We can help investors at any stage, our IFAs can talk you through a number of options depending on your saving targets and lifestyle.
- Working out the level of investment risk you are comfortable with and discussing your capacity for loss (how much you can afford to lose)
- Explaining the types of investments available, such as cash, equities, bonds and property
- Seeking profitable returns
- Working out how to make the most of tax efficient investments.
Please remember that investments can fall as well as rise in value and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Your capital is at risk