Managing health and safety at your church
24 September 2018
Managing health and safety can seem like a daunting task at first. Understanding your responsibilities is key to getting things right and acting responsibly.
An introduction to health and safety
Meeting your health and safety responsibilities
- appoint someone to provide competent assistance to help meet your obligations
- write a health and safety policy
- complete risk assessments to identify precautions you need to take
- provide training and information for employees and volunteers
- provide first-aid equipment and implement procedures for dealing with an accident
- check that your precautions remain adequate
- keep records of what you have done
- keep up-to-date with any changes.
How safe is your church?
Want to know more?
Download our free Health and Safety: Made Simple Guide. In it, we summarise what managing health and safety means for you and suggest some simple steps you can take to meet any obligations you may have. We also signpost further resources that will help you get started or simply check the adequacy of what you have already done. This includes templates you can use to easily complete risk assessments and put together a health and safety policy if you need them.
If you would like to speak to someone about health and safety in churches: either call us on 0345 600 7531 (Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.00 - excluding Bank Holidays) or you can e-mail us at email@example.com