Charity sector insights
11 June 2019
Our Charity Risk Barometer 2019 uncovers key challenges facing charities, helps you capitalise on opportunities and reap major rewards.
Risks to charities
Charities today are exposed to one of the most volatile periods in modern history, but with some fresh thinking and long term strategy, shrewd charities stand to reap rewards. With ongoing austerity, changes in social attitudes, fake news, invasive social media, and the political and economic uncertainty caused by Brexit, it can be hard to keep up.
Knowing our charity customers will need to navigate these risks, both now and into the future, we’ve created the Charity Risk Barometer 2019 in conjunction with Third Sector.
We know that with limited time and resources it can be hard for charities to focus on anything but the immediate future. The report is therefore designed to help clients identify and manage their risks now and into the future.
Collaborating with charity leaders
Top 6 risks to charities in the short-term
- 54% loss of funding
- 51% impact of Brexit
- 43% attracting and retaining talent
- 41% breach data regulations
- 38% political instability
- 38% threat of a cyber attack
Top 6 risks to charities in the medium-term
- 26% loss of funding
- 26% threat of a cyber attack
- 25% attracting and retaining talent
- 24% employees hit by burnout
- 23% reputational risk
- 23% engaging with the next generation
Top 6 risks to charities in the long-term
- 26% reputational risk
- 24% loss of funding
- 22% inability to engage with the next generation of supporters
- 18% attracting and retaining talent
- 18% threat of a cyber attack
- 16% an increased focus on governance