Ministry Bursary Awards (MBAs)
06 March 2019
Ecclesiastical’s Ministry Bursary Awards for sabbaticals taking place in 2020 are now open for applications until 30 September 2019.
What are the Ecclesiastical Ministry Bursary Awards?
Since being established in 1987, the Ecclesiastical Ministry Bursary Awards have helped hundreds of ministers to finance their extended study leave.
Over 1,000 members of the clergy have now received awards for a wide range of extended leave projects and plans supporting their ministerial development.
Sabbaticals taking place in 2020 are now open for applications until 30 September 2019. Judging of the applications will take place in November 2019 and awards will be made during December 2019.
- Awards are open to individual clergy in the Anglican Church in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland
- All clergy applying for the awards must be in stipendiary ministry
- All clergy must have been ordained for at least 10 years and not taken a sabbatical in the previous 7 years of applying
- Applications are also open to Archdeacons, Bishops, Deans and Assistants1
- Awards are provided for extended study leave only (fees for a course during the extended study leave may be considered)
- Entries must be made using the forms provided.
Study leave for clergy is an immensely valuable opportunity to re-energise and re-focus their calling.
- Value to the individual applicant
- Benefit to the wider church
- Financial support already committed from other sources
- The strength of the endorsement from a Bishop or Archdeacon supporting your plans.