Telephone masts on church roofs and premises
12 November 2018
Soaring anywhere between 30 and 100 metres, where a spire is part of the fabric, the church tower is often the tallest structure around. This makes it an ideal location for telecommunication devices and broadband transmission equipment, including aerials and phone masts.
Telephone mast and broadband transmitter checklist
- Check if Faculty is required and any guidance you need to follow
- In the interest of openness and transparency we suggest that the local community is made aware of the proposed installation.
- Be aware of special considerations where there is a school or other care facility in the immediate area
- Access for repair and maintenance must not compromise the church’s security
- A procedure for access covering health and safety issues needs to be documented and implemented
- Make sure the installer has adequate insurance cover in place
- Make sure you tell us about the installation date and the telecoms provider concerned.